Introduction to Internal Family Systems (IFS) Therapy
6-Session, Didactic and Experiential Courses
Upcoming Courses: September-October 2018 and January-February 2019
- Friday mornings, 10:00-12:45
- Dates: September 7, 14 & 21 and October 5, 12 & 19, 2018 January 4, 11 & 18 and February 1, 8 & 15, 2019
These courses, with a maximum of 9 participants, provide:
- An in-depth introduction to IFS concepts and clinical interventions
- Detailed clinical examples from the instructor's IFS sessions
- Live demonstration sessions with group volunteers
- An introduction to "IFS Mapping"
- Case consultation
Participants Will Learn:
- How to recognize and intervene when protective/defensive parts arise in therapy and/or trauma processing.
- How to use "IFS Mapping" to enhance therapeutic engagement and IFS processing
- How to begin integrating IFS “parts work” into psychoanalytic/psychodynamic treatment and trauma processing models, including EMDR, SE, SP, AEDP, etc.
Location: 330 W 72nd St, #1B, NYC 10023
Fee: $675. ($625 for registration by July 31st for September course; by November 15 for January course)
15 CEUs are available for LCSWs and LMSWs.
Questions and Registration: You're welcome to contact me: email@example.com
Completion of this course entitles participants to attend most events at the NYC Metro IFS Workshop Series. For additional information, contact Karen Berman LCSW or Barbara Bennet LCSW at firstname.lastname@example.org
CLICK HERE (red titles) to access my IFS blog postings from Dan Hill Ph.D's Center for Affect Regulation: